Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday Musings ~ The Sea


Today's Musings have to do with the Celtic Tree Oracle card, The Sea.
This card tells me there is hidden knowledge which can be accessed when the Moon and Sea are full. This is inherited knowledge. A knowing as old as my ancestors. The Sea also represents the link between the here and the places I may need to go on my spiritual journey. 
I think about the Ocean from time to time. And it has been intruding on my thoughts of late. I love the feel of the salt spray on the face and the crashing of the waves upon the shore. Water is a sacred element. It can be so influenced by its surroundings. Water can hold thought and feeling.
I need to go deep within to access the knowledge of the ancestors. Something I have known I needed to do for quite some time. 

* * *
Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.

3 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

I was lucky enough to spend more than half my childhood living on salt water inlets.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

There's a beautiful Goddess chant that is one of my faves -- "The ocean is the beginning of the world / All life comes from the sea" -- which your post today brings to mind.

RPLancaster said...

We came from the sea and yearn to go back. A walk along the shore is always soothing. You here the oceans heart and breath when the tides move.