Sunday, February 15, 2009

Seeds, Shrooms, and Swaps


I'm going to start by revealing my third partner for the recent PWGL Little Tokens of Love Swap. It was Lynn Krestel of Richmond, British Columbia. She makes the most gorgeous jewelry! She sent me a beautiful keychain made with vintage beads and Swarovski Crystals. I just LOVE it! Thank you Lynn!
And here is what I sent her.



* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Here's the batch of mushrooms which I made for Sonya's Mushroom Swap.


* * * * * * * * * * * * *

And now on to the seeds.......
For the last few years I have been growing gourds. And I will again this year. Luffa, bushel, apple, and this year I am adding birdhouse and snake. Of course, they will all have to have their own separate corners [but more on that part in another post!]

Last year was experimental for me in growing pumpkins in the South. There are so many more diseases/bugs here than in Colorado, where I grew up gardening. My Hubby has always wanted a GIANT Pumpkin. I decided to compromise and try and grow a moderate size one. That didn't work out too well. My location wasn't the best. And the pumpkin vines didn't produce or even thrive. This year I'm trying something different. [But I'll get to that another time - I'm supposed to be talking about seeds today]

Last year I bought seeds for a Cinderella Pumpkin.


And a Full Moon or Lumina Pumpkin.


I am going to try both of them again this year and then I thought I might try some small pumpkins. Maybe the new variety Pump-ke-mon...


Or maybe Baby Boo Pumpkins.....


They're both so cute! I may be overrun by pumpkin vines come October! But that's okay by me!

3 comments:

Zan Asha said...

Hey Jeanne...wow, I didn't realize you had so many swap partners--wow you were busy!

Ahh, I have envy that you have acreage for pumpkins! I will have to wait for mine! I think the white pumpkins are really charming and I wish you luck this year to grow them!

AwtemNymf said...

oh pumpkins... bibbidy bobbity boo...!
Those mushy's look fabulous!! Woohoo!
You got and gave fantastic stuff! Neat swaps too!
*sprinkle sprinkle*
Thanks for the V-day wishes! Happy Hearts to you as well!
*sprinkle sprinkle*
ps- I sprinkled some faerie dust over at your neighbors house! They were to enchant you for me *winks*

American Homemaker said...

I love your mushrooms! So cute!