Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Anti Valentines Day Contest - v 2.0

In some recent Blog Stalkings of mine, I found a contest that really piqued my interest. It is the Anti-Valentines Day Contest - v 2.0 . It sounded like fun! In a morbid sort of way. And I do have a somewhat morbid sense of humor at times. So I thought and thought and this is what I came up with...


Here's a close-up of the glass of Absinthe with the skewered heart. The Absinthe in the glass is actually acrylic resin that I have tinted green. The heart is paper mache and which has been skewered with a cocktail sword.


For those out there that do not know what Absinthe is, it is an anise flavored, highly alcoholic liquor that is distilled from wormwood. It was once illegal in the U.S. because it was thought to have psychoactive properties.

Keep your fingers crossed for me......

4 comments:

Jen said...

I really like this! It's beautiful in a very morbid, fantasy-like way~

AwtemNymf said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- i love your morbid ideas. I have the same thoughts sometimes. And I'm prefectly healthy *mwahahaha*
I love that! Nothing wrong with a little dark & twist to things!

Good Luck! You picked the perfect anti-valentines project! Woot!

J. R. Cotner said...

Very nice work! Intriguing, thought-provoking, interesting and not at all morbid to my eye or way of thinking. Excellent artistic endeavor, beautiful result.

Foolish Notions Vintage said...

You got my vote, I think its great!
hugs,
Heather