Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Weird Wednesday ~Leprechauns

I'm going to start a new feature on my blog - Weird Wednesday. Every Wednesday, my post will be about something Weird! Something Odd! Something Unusual! Something Strange! 

Since St. Patrick's Day is fast approaching, I thought I'd do today's post about Leprechauns.
According to Wikipedia, Leprechauns are a mischievous, prank playing Irish Fairy. They are a solitary Fairy known for making shoes. And as legend has it, if a Human were to catch a Leprechaun then three wishes can be granted to the Human by the Leprechaun in exchange for the Leprechaun's release. Want to make your own  Leprechaun trap? Check out this site! 
Click Here!


And did you know that there is a  National Leprechaun Museum  in Dublin, Ireland? 


And better yet, there is a Leprechaun Webcam at an undisclosed location in Tipperary, Ireland. You can read about some of the sightings that have occurred on the Webcam website. Who knows? Maybe YOU will be the next person to see a Leprechaun! Watch the video below - approx. 8 seconds into the video, there will be a blur in the trees in the upper right hand corner.



The European Union has granted Leprechauns a protected zone on Cooley Mountain in County Louth in Ireland. It is supposedly the only part of the County where Leprechauns have been seen.

image source

And Leprechaun sightings are not confined to the Emerald Isle!  The  Boulder, Colorado police searched for a mischievous Leprechaun (Click Here to read about it!) and a Leprechaun has been sighted in Mobile, Alabama of all places! (Click Here to watch that story!)

Do you have any Leprechaun stories (or encounters) to share???

4 comments:

Aine O'Brien said...

I'm going to love weird wednesdays! I am so making this trap!! LOL

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Love the leprechaun trap -- I see it's baited with Guinness, LOL! I've never seen a leprechaun myself but one of my favourite TV shows from a million years ago when I was a kid was that episode of Bonanza where Hoss encounters The Little People and mayhem ensues.

BeFRuiTFuL KReaTioNS said...

Okay I just had to read the boulder article. Love you new weird wednesday post.

Wendy S. said...

Oh, I always dig weirdness, Jeanne and this whole shebang with leprachauns left me smiling. Imagine "Lucky Charm" (from the cereal) being caught by children all over with a trap. The thought makes me smile ;)