Sunday, February 7, 2010

All A Flutter...


My art group, Prim and Whimsy GirLs is having an art challenge. The theme is All A Flutter. So many wonderful things come to mind...birds, butterflies, a kite, laundry drying in the wind.... I could go on.

All this week our members will be listing their wonderful creations on eBay. Just use the search term, PWGL Flutter to see them.


And what did I create you ask? Butterflies. This frame of butterflies seems to have an escapee....



Each butterfly is cut from an aluminum can.



7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a beautiful way to make colourful butterflies!

Suzie said...

Cut from aluminum cans. Now that couldn't have been easy! And they are all so delicate and shaped so perfectly.

I love the patterns that you chose, they make such colorful butterflies!

Well done!!

Jeanne said...

Aluminum cans are SO THIN any more that it is liking cutting heavy paper.
I used a pair of pliers to pull off the top and used an ordinary pair of scissors to cut down the side of the can & around the bottom to flatten it and then cut out the design.
Super easy! :0)

Jenny said...

oh wow! those little butterflies would make a really cut wind ornament of some sort... Tarabeth thinks there cute - she says "mommy look at the cute butterflies". even your granddaughter appreciates your art! :)

Jeanne said...

Maybe Tarabeth needs this picture for her room....
And I'm working on a kinetic butterfly sculpture...just need more cans!

JoyceAnn said...

Wow Jeanne ~ Your butterfly art looks beautiful , love how you made the butterflies from recycled aluminum cans.
I tried the cornbread recipe , it was delicious. Hope you don't mind that I put a link on my blog post to the cornbread recipe. I thought it was worth sharing , so tell your hubby , that it's a hit in our house :0)

~*~ Be Blessed ~*~

Bridgett said...

Wow...where did you find such pretty cans?

Looks awesome!