Thursday, October 5, 2017

Since We Last Spoke...

Life is a constant state of flux. Ruts are nice but a person doesn't ever have a chance to grow and evolve unless there are challenges. 

When we last spoke, I was working in an autobody shop paint department. I enjoyed my work. And was quite good at it. But if there is one thing I have learned from working in the auto industry off and on for years, is that there is always drama in the workplace. One big soap opera! I tried my darndest to steer clear of all the drama queens. Just kept my head down and did my work. I saw so many injustices - bullying, inequality with work loads, etc. But when it affected me, I had to take a stance for what was right. I quit and told the boss the reason I quit. Amazingly, things did change (some what) for a time. 

But I didn't go back. I moved forward. I threw myself into my writing and turned out two more books, which can be found on Amazon Kindle. But then, something else happened. Something which was unexpected and yet, not so much. And I then understood why the situation at work occurred and why I quit.

You see, I believe that things happen for a reason. We are not left to chance. The Universe gives us what we need when we need it. The Universe provides opportunities for us to grow, to learn, to develop. If I had continued working, Hubby and I would not have been able to get done in two months what we did - find a place to live, pack up the house, and tie up loose ends in the city.

We had a rental in Colorado Springs. Our landlords had both died in the last three months of 2016. Their daughter inherited the rentals. She decided to sell all the rentals at the beginning of summer. We did not wish to purchase the rental we were living in. The search for a house became our prime objective.  We knew we had a short amount of time to find a place to live. Completing the cabin on our mountain property, which had been our first plan, was not an option. (I will expand more on that next week!)

The housing market in Colorado is crazy! People were paying insane prices for small, run down houses in the city.  And truthfully, Hubby and I wouldn't have been happy in the city. We both longed for a life not filled with arguing, prying neighbors. A place where the music didn't play until all hours of the night. We knew where we needed to be.

So, here we are. Enjoying our quaint Victorian in a small mountain town. 
Next week I will write about what happened at our cabin/tipi location and why there are farm animals wandering down my sidewalk.



2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm glad it all worked out -- you certainly ended up with a beautiful home! I hope you'll both be very happy there too. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your adventures next week!

the dogs' mother said...

Enjoy your new adventure! Love praying mantis, especially
when they turn their head to look at you!