Monday, March 9, 2009

A Long Overdo Report

I have been remiss, Dear Readers. I have not kept you up to speed on my Neighbors. (And who doesn't like to see what the neighbors are up to? Go ahead. Admit it. We've all peered over the fence or peeked out the window to see what was up at the House Next Door... )

If you'll remember, back in January, I had taken some cookies over to my New Neighbors as a way to say, 'Welcome, Glad to meet you!' Well, they haven't kept my plate all this time! I had come home about two weeks later (yes, I think it was around Valentine's Day...) and found my plate sitting on the settee table with a lovely note on it.



It was hand written on the most lovely parchment paper. The author of the note thanked me for the tasty treats and wished I would share the recipe. (Do they not have chocolate chips at the Fairy Stores?) And the note went on to say that they hoped that their Cat, Kallie, was not being a nuisance. (If they only knew how she was making herself at home .... Thanks in part to Gomez!)



I have heard a lot of commotion over at their place recently. I imagine they are doing some cleaning and 'sprucing up' - what with the nice weather and all. I will try and get over there this week (weather permitting) and introduce myself. Perhaps I will take more cookies.....

1 comment:

Zan Asha said...

Hehee, Jeanne, very cute post! That was nice of them to write a beautiful thank you note!

Hmm...I live in NYC...TRUST me, I DON'T want to know what my neighbors are up to!!