Sunday, September 8, 2013

La Scala di Santa Maria del Monte

La Scala di Santa Maria del Monte is a 142 step staircase located in the small Sicilian town of Cltagirone. Each rise of the staircase is decorated with a different ceramic pattern.



In the Spring and Summer months, the staircase is decorated with flowers and other potted plants during La Scala Infiorata




And the staircase is decorated with luminaries during La Luminaria.



Don't forget to enter my September Give-Away!
Click Here to Enter!

7 comments:

Birdie said...

I am not very creative so I am in awe of this. Just beautiful.

the dogs' mother said...

Okay, that makes Lombard Street in SF look amateur!

Anonymous said...

That is so very beautiful !! I hadn't seen this before. Thank you very much for sharing !!
Have a magical day.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

How beautiful! I've never heard of these steps before, thanks. I especially like the luminaria display.

Little Messy Missy said...

How beautiful!
xoxoxo

Rue said...

Oh my gosh! This is amazing! I love ceramic tile. I'd love to do this to each on of the stairs in my house. It would put me in the poor house, hiring someone though. I'd have to take a crash-course in masonry.

The flowers and luminaries are fantastic. What a joyful spot!

Cheryl Gee said...

I wonder how they create such extraordinary designs on such a large scale. Perhaps they plan the design on a grid or something then place the plants? Awesome however it is done!