Monday, July 28, 2014

Book Review ~ The Monster Hunter's Manual


After the death of their parents, brothers Gabriel and Alex are sure that they'll never have another happy moment or have another family. When the boys end up in France living in a castle with their Aunt, they realize that they are starting a new chapter in their lives. A chapter which would soon be filled with magic and mystery. And with the camaraderie of a talking skeleton, a vampire afraid of the dark, and the ghost of a little girl, the boys learn a valuable lesson about family.
I loved this book! I read a lot of the books which I send to my grandchildren - books written for pre-teens and even younger are fun, light reading. And I am able to discuss the book with my grandson or granddaughter. Jessica Penot has created characters that jump to life and endear themselves to the reader. I could see both my grandkids, an 8yr old and a 14 yr old, reading this book. The book is not lengthy nor too hard to follow, a perfect read for young readers. 

2 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Always loves a good book!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It sounds delightful. I bet you identify with the witchy aunt, don't you?