Saturday, June 6, 2009

Crop Circles

Yessirree Folks, Crop Circles have appeared !! Right here in little ol' Mena, Arkansas!!
There are five of them in my Pumpkin Patch!


My Husband salvaged quite a few cinder blocks from the Masonic Lodge Building after the tornado and we thought they would be a good way of keeping the armadillos (yes, we have them here in the WildWoods!) from rooting around where the pumpkins have been planted. We formed circles and I filled the circles with compost.

The Pumpkin Plants do appear to be happy - they have started blooming but no signs of pumpkinage yet. But I have a feeling it won't be long!


The Pumpkins in the center Crop Circle are Sugar Pumpkins. The seeds were given to me by a good friend ~ AwtemNymf. Thank you so much!


I'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we have Babies!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! Love your "crop circles" LOL
Cindy

AwtemNymf said...

I love your crop circles too! hahaha! I hope you get good pumpkins this year dear. Yippee :O)
*sprinkle sprinkle* They've been enchanted! *winks*
Hmmm- I should send you a vial of faerie dust "Orange" :O)

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh love that!! What a great idea!!! Good luck with the punkins!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! ☺

Zan Asha said...

Haha, love the crop circles! Wow, armadillos? I'd never thunk it! I must see a picture of them!

Oooh, pumpkins--I have envy--I could never grow those in my shallow city plot!

Jeanne said...

Zan, It's hard to get good pics of armadillos. They are nocturnal creatures. And I bet you could grow a pumpkin vine or two - they don't seem to have that deep a root system.