Monday, April 23, 2018

Homes w/Soul


Thank you for the comments on my last post. 

The Dog's Mother - Kudos to your daughter! I am discovering more and more of her generation truly appreciate the craftsmanship which went into the old houses.

Mittens - I love to hear stories about people who have lovingly restored these glorious homes. Hubby and I have always been on the 'other end' of the house restoration - we restore the house and then end up selling it and moving on to the next one. This is the first time we have owned a house which has already been restored (at least 95%). There are some things we wish to do to give it that "POP". We want to restore the gingerbread around the front eave, upgrade the front porch light, new picket fence. 
All minor details. But then, The Devil is in the Details......

2 comments:

the dogs' mother said...

Sounds like a fun project and not too much work :-)

Laura said...

I've always loved old homes and wanted desperately to restore one or two. Alas, I don't see that in the cards. But I greatly admire people who do restore. :-)
blessings
~*~