Monday, February 25, 2013

Recommendations and Observations

Hubby and I like to watch movies that are a bit out of the norm. Sometimes these movies are duds and sometimes we are pleasantly surprised. The following movies were pleasant surprises. I think y'all would enjoy them as well.

The first movie is entitled, Cloudburst. A fun, touching movie of the journey of two aging lesbians on their way to Canada to get married. This one will definitely be added to our library!



The next movie recommendation is The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra. This movie was made in 2001 but it has the look and feel of a cheesy sci-fi movie from the 50's. In it a scientist and his wife try to save the world from a radioactive monster, space aliens, a talking skeleton with attitude and an evil scientist. Grab some popcorn and settle in for some fun.



And now my third recommendation, Irina Palm. A 50+ widowed Grandmother seeks and finds (somewhat unorthodox) work to help pay for medical treatment for her grandson. I really can't go into much detail without spoiling the movie. And this film won't be for everyone as there is sexual content. But the story is very moving and thought provoking.




Now for an observation. There is a commercial on tv for Kindle Paperwhite that just doesn't sit real well with me. I can fully appreciate this electronic gadget. Both Hubby & my daughter each have a Kindle and on more than one occasion the Kindle has saved the day by amusing a bored child at a delayed doctor's appointment or providing entertainment for a weary traveler. This electronic device has proved its worth to me. What bothers me about this commercial is the fact that all these people are at the beach and they're all absorbed with their Kindles. None seem to be partaking of the natural wonder around them. Don't get me wrong, I can fully appreciate reading in a relaxing location, I've done it quite often myself. But I can't help but wonder if the younger generation isn't losing touch with the world around them. And with each other. They always seem to be so absorbed with their phone/tablet/laptop/etc.




Now for the 'answers' to the animals that are hiding in plain sight in yesterdays post.

  • Photo #1 - Leopard to the right of the tree in the grass
  • Photo #2 - White bird just to the left of center
  • Photo #3 - Grey Wolf standing behind Aspen tree left of center
  • Photo #4 - Green Parrot on left side of far left tree trunk
  • Photo #5 - Eyeball of Gator on far left side of photo
  • Photo #6 - Giraffe on far right side
  • Photo #7 - Buck deer, with antlers in velvet, standing behind brush in center of photo


3 comments:

blue star stitcher said...

I saw maybe 3 of the animals yesterday, it's amazing how easy they are to spot once you know where to look. I might have never found them on my own though.

BeFRuiTFuL KReaTioNS said...

I did see that crazy skeleton movie. But not the other ones.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Haven't seen Cloudburst but love both Olympia Dukakis and Brenda Fricker. I should check if that movie is on Netflix yet.