Friday, July 20, 2012

Bayou La Fae

Living in a metro area has it's advantages. One of these is having a multitude of thrift stores to comb through. And in my wanderings, I have begun acquiring old run-down (bird) houses that can be re-made into houses for the Fae. The creation below is one of those. 



I also keep my eyes peeled for small animal figures or any item that can be re-purposed into furniture or other household items for the Wee Folk.


This is Bayou La Fae. It will be for sale at my booth at the Elizabeth Celtic Festival this weekend.


6 comments:

Robin Larkspur said...

This is a brilliant idea! And I love your "Bayou La Fae"...do you think the Fae eat Gumbo?
Much good luck with your sales! Have a good time, stay cool, remain hydrated. I think your booth will be a HUGE success! Luck of the Fae to you!! Hugs!!!

Shannon said...

It's beautiful! The detail on it is so perfect, from the little ladder/stairs to the lobster.

Do you sell your houses online (and how much do they generally cost)?

MrsDuncanMahogany said...

That is brilliant! Love the Fae houses!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a great idea! If anyone knows how to laissez les bons temps rouler, it's the fae!

Jeanne said...

Thank you for wonderful comments! I had a lot of fun making this wee little cabin. :0)
Shannon - I haven't listed any of the houses on the web yet. But if Bayou La Fae doesn't sell at the Festival, then I will be listing it up in my Etsy shoppe. Prices vary depending on size and details ($30-$50)

Introverted Art said...

Jeanne, little house is so adorable. Love them.