Friday, October 10, 2008

It's Finally Here!

Yesterday was the day! The opening day of Hockey Season. I have been waiting for that day since May!

Yes, I am the biggest hockey fan. And have been since I was a kid. I have only one favorite team - the Colorado Avalanche. I lived in the Denver area when the Quebec Nordiques moved to Denver and became the Colorado Avalanche. And I have followed them ever since. There is nothing more exciting to a hockey fan than to have their team win the Stanley Cup. Which the Avs did their first year in Denver. I'll never forget that game!

I don't have a favorite player. But there are a couple of guys on the team that I would like to mention. The first is Joe Sakic - he is an all around great player and a gentleman.


The next is Ian Laperriere - he's always one to stir things up.



If you've never watched a hockey game, try it. The constant action is a so much more exciting than football or baseball or basketball. And the skill, agility and ability of a hockey player is so much more than a lot of other athletes.

See you at the rink!

No comments: